Welcome to Swiss Village
Swiss Village will be made up of 41 condo units on the 2.65-acre property with plans to convert the Swiss Hall lodge into an 18-unit residential building, while the open land surrounding it would be filled with 23 free-standing homes. Each home will have garage access, use of the community garden and worry-free common area maintenance provided. A rent to own program will be eventually be available.
Formally know as Swiss Park and Swiss Hall, this site and building has strong connections to the Swiss immigrant community that lived in Germantown and the St. Josephs neighborhood.
Located on Lynn Street between Shelby and Preston streets, the park was created in 1925 by the Gruetli Helvetia Society, a Swiss association formed in 1850. A hall was erected soon after as a meeting place for the society, and the park became a popular summer gathering place for the Germantown community — for dances, bingo games, church socials, cookouts and celebrations.
In 1993, the society sold the property to the Fraternal Order of Police Deputy Sheriff’s Lodge 25, where it remained util being sold to Underhill Associates in 2019.